College Board Welcomes Three New Trustees
NEW YORK—The College Board welcomed eight new Trustees to its 31-member governing board following the Annual Meeting of the Members, during the virtual College Board Forum.
The new Trustee members bring a wealth of experience and knowledge from schools, districts, and universities across the country. While these new Trustees will all serve on the Board of Trustees from 2021–2025, they were elected by and will represent different areas and segments of the College Board’s membership as follows:
- Melody Bustillos, Counselor, Hermiston High School, Hermiston, Ore.
- Catalina Cifuentes, Executive Director, College and Career Readiness, Riverside County Office of Education, Riverside, Calif.
- Raul Hinojosa, Director of Community Engagement, University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Meredith Nadeau, Superintendent, School Administrative Unit 21, Hampton, N.H.
- Kimberly Scott, Director of Student Services, Leon County Public Schools, Tallahassee, Fla.
Nationally Elected Assembly Chairs
- Adrian Epps, Dean of the Bagwell College of Education, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, Ga.(representing the Academic Assembly)
- Christoph Guttentag, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, Duke University, Durham, N.C. (representing the Counseling and Admission Assembly)
- Thomas McDermott, Assistant Vice Provost for Financial Aid, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md. (representing the CSS/Financial Assistance Assembly)
The Board of Trustees serves are the primary governing body of the College Board, a not-for-profit organization, with guidance from the Trustee committees, three national assemblies, and six regional assemblies. The College Board Trustees are responsible for fulfilling key fiduciary responsibilities, approving the mission, annual budget, strategic goals, and objectives of the organization, and advising the CEO who is responsible for the management of the organization. Each assembly, through its elected Trustee representatives, provides the College Board with guidance on key issues and initiatives to help ensure a balance of regional and professional perspectives.