College Board Welcomes 7 New Trustees
NEW YORK—College Board welcomed seven new Trustees to its 31-member governing board following the Annual Meeting of Members at the College Board Forum.
The new board members bring a wealth of experience and knowledge from schools, districts, and universities across the country. While these new Trustees will all serve on the Board of Trustees from 2023–2027, they were elected by and will represent different areas and segments of the College Board’s membership as follows:
Nationally Elected Trustees
- Kyle Farmbry, President, Guilford College, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Anthony Jones, Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Experience, Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona Beach, Florida
- Jason Klein, Senior Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
Regionally Elected Trustee
- Derek Kindle, Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin (representing the Midwest region)
National Assemblies Elected Trustees
- Jessica Marinaccio, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid, Columbia University, New York, New York (representing the CSS/Financial Assistance Assembly)
- Suzanne McCray, Vice Provost for Enrollment and Dean of Admissions and Nationally Competitive Awards, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas (representing the Academic Assembly)
- Tracey Morman, Director of Counseling/College & Career Readiness, Amarillo Independent School District, Amarillo, Texas (representing the Counseling and Admission Assembly)
The Board of Trustees serves as the primary governing body of College Board, a not-for-profit organization, with guidance from the three national assemblies and six regional assemblies. The chair, vice chair, immediately preceding chair, and CEO of the College Board, represent its leadership. Twelve Trustees are elected by the membership at the Annual Meeting of Members. Nine Trustees are elected by their respective regional assembly delegates. Six Trustees are elected by the national assembly delegates which include the chairs and immediately preceding chairs of the assemblies.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for fulfilling key fiduciary responsibilities, approving the mission, annual budget, strategic goals, and objectives of the organization, and advising the CEO who is responsible for the management of the organization.