College Board Announces New Chair, Vice Chair, and Welcomes Three New Trustees
NEW YORK—The College Board announces new Board of Trustees Chair, Ronné P. Turner, Vice Provost for Admissions and Financial Aid, Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo., and Vice Chair, Thomas Moore, Superintendent, West Hartford Public Schools, West Hartford, Conn.
Additionally, the College Board announces three new Trustees to its 31-member governing board following the Annual Meeting of the Members on Wednesday, October 28, 2020, during the virtual College Board Forum.
The newly elected chair, vice chair, and new Trustees bring a wealth of experience and knowledge from districts and universities across the country.
For the position of chair for a two-year term, 2020–2022:
- Ronné P. Turner, Vice Provost for Admissions and Financial Aid, Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
For the position of vice chair for a two-year term, 2020–2022:
- Thomas Moore, Superintendent, West Hartford Public Schools, West Hartford, Conn.
For a member position for the term 2020–2024:
- Manuel French, Director of School Counseling, Chicago Public Schools, Chicago, Ill.
- Shah Ardalan, President, Lone Star College-University Park, Houston, Texas
- Mark Thomas, Principal, Northview High School, Grand Rapids, Mich.
The College Board would also like to note the election of three regionally elected Trustees, elected, respectively, by the Western, Middle States, and New England, regional assemblies for the 2020–2024 term:
- Nikki Danos, Director of College Counseling, Forest Ridge, Sacred Heart School, Bellevue, Wash., representing the Western Regional Assembly.
- Courtney McAnuff, Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, N.J., representing the Middle States Regional Assembly.
- Kelly A. Walter, Associate Vice President for Enrollment and Dean of Admissions, Boston University, Boston, Mass., representing the New England Regional Assembly.
"I am so pleased to begin my term as chair along with Tom as our vice chair and welcome Manuel, Shah, Mark, Nikki, Courtney, and Kelly to the Board of Trustees," said Ronné P. Turner, newly elected Chair of the Board of Trustees. "The newly elected members are leaders within the academic, counseling, and admissions and enrollment communities, and bring invaluable experience and expertise, especially during a time that continues to challenge and change our work and institutions."
The Board of Trustees administers the not-for-profit organization with guidance from three national assemblies and six regional assemblies. The College Board Trustees are responsible for assisting in legal and fiduciary decisions; approving the mission, strategic goals, and objectives of the organization; establishing policies; and advising those responsible for the management of the organization. Each assembly provides the College Board with guidance on the issues and College Board activities related to their areas of professional interest, and elects Trustees to the Board to ensure a balance of regional and professional perspectives.